How to Use Bluetooth/Wireless Headphones on a Chromebook
Most Chromebooks have Bluetooth capabilities and can be used to connect various kinds of Bluetooth devices such as mice, speakers, keyboards, headphones, headsets (audio only) and even printers. Bluetooth connectivity comes in handy for many Chromebook users. With this feature, users can decide to use a separate mouse or wireless headphones. Users can connect their wireless headphones to Chromebook via Bluetooth connectivity.
Steps to Connect a Bluetooth Headphone to a Chromebook
Connecting a Bluetooth headphone to a Chromebook is easy. But first, it’s important to check if Bluetooth is supported on your Chromebook. You can tell whether or not your Chromebook is compatible with Bluetooth if you find the Bluetooth icon in your menu options.
To get started, click the lower right corner of the Chromebook, then click on the Bluetooth icon. If it’s currently disabled, click Enable Bluetooth. Your Bluetooth will automatically start searching for available Bluetooth devices within range. Enable pairing mode from the accessory.
Left-click on the device of your choosing and click Connect. Within a few seconds, you will get a notification informing you that the pairing is successful and that the device is ready for use.
Keep in mind that this process varies from one device to another, so be sure to follow the instructions as it displays on your screen.
To know if the headphone is connected, check the status area. You will find the information you seek there. If this is your first time using Chromebook, and there are several Bluetooth accessories within range, your Chromebook will automatically detect and pair the device.
What Can You Connect Via Bluetooth on Chromebook
If you have a Chromebook with Bluetooth functionality, it can connect to different kinds of devices including
- Keyboards, etc
Fixing Bluetooth Problems
If you’re having problems connecting your wireless headphone to your Chromebook, don’t panic. There are ways to go about it. Follow the tips below to fix the problem.
- First, check for system updates. If the system is out of date, then download and install the updated version.
- Check to see if your wireless headphone is compatible with a Chromebook.
- Next step, turn off the Bluetooth connection and turn it back on again.
- If the problem persists, turn off your Chromebook, then on again.
If after trying these methods the problem still lingers, contact your Chromebook manufacturer or manufacturer of the Bluetooth devices.
Steps to Removing a Bluetooth Device from your Chromebook
Most Bluetooth devices that you’ve previously paired to your Chromebook may turn out to be completely useless. Perhaps, because the device is stolen, lost or damaged. In this case, it’s necessary that you remove the devices. Well, doing that is far easy and less stressful. Here’s how to do that
- Navigate to the status bar, and click Bluetooth
- Click the three dots next to the stored device to be removed
- Click remove device
Choosing the Best Wireless Headset for Chromebook
Wireless headphones have many benefits. Unfortunately, most people don’t know how fantastic these devices are until they use one for the first time. If you’re planning on getting devices that are compatible with your Chromebook, then you should consider investing in a quality wireless headphone.
Gone are the days when you have to deal with tangled cords. Fortunately, wireless devices have made it easier. Wireless headphones have been in the market for a few years. They are well built and sturdy. So how will you know the right wireless headphone to choose? Let’s take a look at the following tips
The first and most important thing when it comes to purchasing a wireless headphone is the comfort. Wearing a headset that doesn’t fit makes no sense. Instead, it makes you feel uncomfortable since you’ll have to deal with adjusting and readjusting. Be sure to get a wireless headset that can sit comfortably. For convenience, make sure you go for a wireless headphone with padding for enhanced comfort, adjustable bands and microphones.
Another important factor to look out for is audio quality. Go for a headset that produces great audio quality and noise cancellation. More so, you should also invest in high-quality microphone.
Of course, the batteries are an important accessory. How long does your wireless headphone last? If it’s below 5 hours, then you should look for an alternative. You can buy headphones that can last for at least 8 hours on battery life.
Taking Care of Your Wireless Headphones
Just as with every other device, wireless headphones undergo wear and tear since you use them constantly. So here are some helpful tips on how to take care of your headphones.
- If you’re one of those, who sleeps with your headphones on, its high time you stopped it. For many people, the only way to calm their nerves and ease the day’s stress is by listening to music while lying on the bed. It’s a good therapy, no doubt but do not make the mistake of sleeping with headphones on. If you do that you may probably roll over and damage the device.
- Keep them in a safe and secure place. Learn to store your wireless headphones correctly. If you’re not using your headphones at the moment, don’t just leave it lying on your desk or bed. Instead, keep them in a soft carrying case. This will protect your device from damage.
- Reduce the volume of your music. Loud sound can reduce the sound quality of your wireless headphones in time to come. If you’re fond of playing music of high volume, it may cause some pieces to fall off. And once this happens, it will eventually reduce the sound quality.
- Clean your wireless headphones regularly to ensure maximum functionality
- Do not expose your headphones to moisture. Also, check the weather before leaving home especially during the rainy season. These devices are not water friendly and can develop fault once it gets drained in water.
- Keep your wireless headphones away from extreme temperatures. Exposing the device to direct sunlight can affect the audio quality as well.